Dues to join the Nebraska Junior Charolais Association (NJCA) are $15 per year. To join us, please send your name, address and a check for dues payable to ”Nebraska Junior Charolais Association” to Andrea Benes, 699 Oak Road, Valparaiso, NE 68065.
June 1-3 – Nebraska Junior Beef Expo, Northeast Community College, Norfolk, Neb.
President: Trisha Dybdal
Vice President: Haley Meduna
Secretary/Treasurer: Devon Benes
Ambassadors: Haley Meduna and Devon Benes
Area 2 Representative and AIJCA Board Member: Trisha Dybdal
AIJCA Board Member and Ex-Officio: Ty Dybdal
I am very excited to be serving as the 2017-2018 President of the Nebraska Junior Charolais Association (NJCA). The Charolais breed is a very marvelous breed that has changed and improved over time to meet breeder’s needs.
It is really great to be able promote the breed and encourage young people to join. It is wonderful meeting new people that are associated with the breed.
I am not only the NJCA President, but I’m also on the American-International Junior Charolais Association (AIJCA) board, serving as the Area 2 Director. I am honored that I was elected into this position by the juniors from Nebraska, South Dakota, and North Dakota. I am very excited for Junior Nationals this year in Des Moines, Iowa. It is always fun helping plan for the National show. It is a great learning experience.
Feel free to contact me with any questions concerning the Nebraska Association as well the National Association. They are both great associations to belong to, with many opportunities.
2017-2018 NJCA President & 2017-2019 AIJCA Area 2 Director
I am quite honored to be the advisor for the Nebraska Junior Charolais Association.
The junior members are quite active in shows across Nebraska, the Nation and are quite involved in other activities outside of the show world.
To become a member of the NJCA, please contact me through email (email@example.com) or a phone call (402-692-3704). Dues are $15 and can be sent to Andrea Benes: 699 Oak Road, Valparaiso, NE 68065.
We hold our annual meeting during the Junior Beef Expo in Norfolk the first weekend in June each year. Others shows that many of our youth are involved in are the State Fair, AK-SAR-BEN, the Nebraska Cattlemen Class, NECC Progress Show, local county fair shows, the AIJCA Junior National Show and Conference and many more.
An auction fund-raiser is held each year during the Nebraska Charolais Association Banquet during the Nebraska Cattlemen Classic. Junior members donate items to be auctioned. These funds are used to assist with the NJCA organization.
A scholarship is awarded each year at the Nebraska Cattlemen Classic Sale. The NJCA scholarship is funded through the 2012 and 2017 Junior Nationals. Please contact me for applications.
The NJCA is a great organization for the youth to be involved. If you are interested in becoming a member or remaining a member please let me know. We look forward to welcoming you to the NJCA!
The NJCA Scholarship was established following the 2012 AIJCA National Show and Conference held in Grand Island, Nebraska. NJCA Scholarships are awarded to current active members of the Nebraska Junior Charolais Association. The number of scholarships recipients and the dollar amount awarded will be determined each year by the scholarship selection committee. (Award for 2014 was 1 at $250, 2015 was 3 at $200, 2016 was 2 at $200, 2017 was 2 at $200). Please review the scholarship guidelines before completing your application.
NJCA Scholarship Guidelines
1. Scholarship applicants must be a paid member of the Nebraska Junior Charolais Association (NJCA) for at least 2 consecutive years to apply.
2. Awards are available to undergraduate students only. Application may be made during your high school senior year and college freshman, sophomore and junior years.
3. Applicant must attend a 2 or 4 year accredited post-secondary institute.
4. Applicant must participate in at least 2 of the 4 Charolais event(s) during membership year of application: a) AIJCA National Show and Conference (2017), b) Nebraska Jr. Beef Expo held in Norfolk, Nebraska (2017), c) Nebraska State Fair 4-H, FFA or Open Show held in Grand Island, Nebraska (2017), d) Nebraska Cattlemen Classic Jr. or Open Show held in Kearney, Nebraska (2017)
5. Prior to issuance of award, the recipient must send the following items to Krista Dybdal – NJCA Advisor: a) a letter requesting the award with current address in which to mail the award and, b) a copy of their current schedule following college/university class drop/add deadline to ensure full-time status. Most students will be able to produce this form from their online student account without paying a fee at the registrar’s office.
6. The award will be issued to the recipient not the post-secondary institute attending.
7. Competed application deadline is February 12, 2018.
**If you are interested in either award please contact Krista Dybdal at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-692-3704.