Dues to join the Nebraska Junior Charolais Association (NJCA) are $15 per year. To join us, please send your name, address and a check for dues payable to ”Nebraska Junior Charolais Association” to Andrea Benes, 699 Oak Road, Valparaiso, NE 68065.
June 2-4 – Nebraska Junior Beef Expo, Northeast Community College, Norfolk, Neb.
President: Taylor Benes
Vice President: Trisha Dybdal
Secretary/Treasurer: Devon Benes
Ambassadors: Taylor Benes and Trisha Dybdal
I am excited to be the President of the Nebraska Junior Charolais Association (NJCA) for the 2016-2017 show year! Being a part of such a great organization helps me promote the Charolais breed in a positive way! Not only am I currently the President, but I was also voted by my peers to be an Ambassador for the NJCA. Both positions hold great responsibility of being a positive role model to current and future junior members.
I am beyond excited to help with the planning of the upcoming American-International Junior Charolais Show that will happen right here in our very great state of Nebraska. I would recommend to join our great group to see how much fun we have together!
I look forward to seeing you at our State Show in Norfolk, the National Show in Grand Island or many of the other progress shows that happen throughout the year!
I am quite honored to be the advisor for the Nebraska Junior Charolais Association. The junior members are quite active in shows across Nebraska, the Nation and are quite involved in other activities outside of the show world.
Nebraska is once again hosting the 2017 AIJCA Junior National Charolais Show and Conference July 18-23, 2017 in Grand Island, Nebraska. This is a great opportunity to gather with nearly 500 kids from other states across the nation. If you are interested in showing this summer become a member now.
To become a member of the NJCA, please contact me through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or a phone call (402-692-3704). Dues are $15 and can be sent to Andrea Benes: 699 Oak Road, Valparaiso, NE 68065.
We hold our annual meeting during the Junior Beef Expo in Norfolk the first weekend in June each year. Others shows that many of our youth are involved in are the State Fair, AK-SAR-BEN, the Nebraska Cattlemen Class, NECC Progress Show, local county fair shows, the AIJCA Junior National Show and Conference and many more.
An auction fund-raiser is held each year during the Nebraska Charolais Association Banquet during the Nebraska Cattlemen Classic. Junior members donate items to be auctioned. These funds are used to assist with the NJCA organization.
A scholarship is awarded each year at the Nebraska Cattlemen Classic Sale. Please contact me for applications.
The NJCA is a great organization for the youth to be involved. If you are interested in becoming a member or remaining a member please let me know. We look forward to welcoming you to the NJCA!
The NJCA Scholarship was established following the 2012 AIJCA National Show and Conference held in Grand Island, Nebraska. NJCA Scholarships are awarded to current active members of the Nebraska Junior Charolais Association. The number of scholarships recipients and the dollar amount awarded will be determined each year by the scholarship selection committee. (Award for 2014 was 1 at $250, 2015 was 3 at $200, 2016 was 2 at $200). Please review the scholarship guidelines before completing your application.
NJCA Scholarship Guidelines
1. Scholarship applicants must be a paid member of the Nebraska Junior Charolais Association (NJCA) for at least 2 consecutive years to apply.
2. Awards are available to undergraduate students only. Application may be made during your high school senior year and college freshman, sophomore and junior years.
3. Applicant must attend a 2 or 4 year accredited post-secondary institute.
4. Applicant must participate in at least 2 of the 4 Charolais event(s) during membership year of application: a) AIJCA National Show and Conference (2016), b) Nebraska Jr. Beef Expo held in Norfolk, Nebraska (2016), c) Nebraska State Fair 4-H, FFA or Open Show held in Grand Island, Nebraska (2016), d) Nebraska Cattlemen Classic Jr. or Open Show held in Kearney, Nebraska (2016)
5. Prior to issuance of award, the recipient must send the following items to Krista Dybdal – NJCA Advisor: a) a letter requesting the award with current address in which to mail the award and, b) a copy of their current schedule following college/university class drop/add deadline to ensure full-time status. Most students will be able to produce this form from their online student account without paying a fee at the registrar’s office.
6. The award will be issued to the recipient not the post-secondary institute attending.
7. Competed application deadline is February 10, 2017.
**If you are interested in either award please contact Krista Dybdal at email@example.com or call 402-692-3704.